Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What a RACK!


By Luxo-D

When haulin' the "Iron Horse," nothing beats a cool bike rack on top of the Ol' Das Auto...that's German for car, in case you didn't know that.

Grease...the Elbow Kind
Mounting the rack took a little old fashioned elbow grease. And I have to admit, I'm not the handiest of guys. In fact, some say I am the "Anti-Christ of Un-Handy Men." Which is not true. Regardless, I was successful installing the device. *With adjustments.

Hittin' da Road
Indeed, the true test would come this morning...a highway driving situation..through the gauntlet...Hwy 62 & 35w. With a hope and a prayer, I mounted up the Bianchi Eros on the FORD FOCUS... and off I went. Was I worried driving in? Was it going to fall off during rush hour traffic? Worried...shit...hell yeah.

In like Jim
I made it. Straight into the parking lot, with no problems. So what was my reward besides a sweet ride over the lunch hour? How about a nod from my-man Wallace. And, as he took a discriminating gander upon this glorious apparatus, what did he say to me...

"Nice Rack."

1 comment: