Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Feverish

By Luxo-D

Who's a little edgy?

You know, a little agitated with anticipation of the beginning of bicycle season and all it's hubbub. Well this kid is more than just a little ornery I'll tell ya. In fact, if you didn't know me better; you might say that I was darn right cantankerous about the situation. You are.

Well gang, there's no use sugar-coating it for you. The spring season has arrived, and what have you got to show for it? Did you take care of business, or did you piss it away? For instance, is your bicycle in proper working order? Have you located all your gear and does it still fit? Did you squander your exercise regimen on the couch with a beer in one hand and a remote in the other locked on reruns of the "Facts of Life?"

Don't be ashamed, I feel your pain girl. I too am a... victim of vice. Oh sure, hockey helped out immensely. And of course, the torturous avoidance of that insidious and temptuous second helping at dinner helped some. But, like most of you, I thought I could get a handle on it before the big first spring ride launched itself...

Well forget it – I blew it too! Sap City, no doubt.

Okay, I know what you're thinking... no, no, no, on the contrary, my "Oprah Ideal Weight" is not in dire straights, and the pudginess I'd prefer to be without, will go away. Courage and brave tears. So, enough of this cryin' in our suds – it's time to put down the cookies and chips, kick some sorry ass and get REAL! We're in this together folks. Who's with me dammit?!

You know, to do stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment